The mission of the KIAAA is to develop, enhance and preserve the educational values of interscholastic athletics.
The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To promote and maintain an activities program that will encourage the widest possible participation with the highest possible standards.
- To cooperate with the administrative head of the high school and to recognize that he/she is held ultimately responsible in all matters pertaining to interscholastic activities involving his/her school.
- To assist and cooperate with the Kansas State High School Activities Association in carrying out its objectives.
- To improve activities understanding and relationship throughout the state of Kansas.
- To establish closer working relationships with related professional groups.
- To present an opportunity for an exchange of ideas on mutual problems and practices.
- To foster higher standards of professional proficiency and ethics.
- To improve the educational aspects of interscholastic activities in the total educational program.
- To promote greater unity and fellowship among all members.
- To establish and implement standards for the professional preparation of interscholastic athletic administrators.
The KIAAA serves its members by providing resources to develop and enhance leadership skills and by offering opportunities for professional growth. The KIAAA delivers Leadership Training Institute courses, where attendance surpasses expectations and positive feedback is overwhelming. The KIAAA enjoys a close relationship with the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) and is dually associated with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA).
The KIAAA encourages all ADs to get involved in the organization! If you are interested in becoming more involved in the KIAAA please contact: Marc Haught, Executive Director, at email@example.com, or any board member.
We look forward to working with you in the future!